Dear IEP Community,
I am writing with an update regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the plans that IEP has in place to keep our communities, both in the United States and in Guatemala, healthy and safe. We are closely following the updates and advice from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the U.S. Department of State. Based on the latest travel restrictions and bans that have been put in place around the world, we have decided to postpone the March community development and surgical teams.
Our hearts go out to everyone who has been affected. The health and safety of our colleagues, volunteers and supporters is our top priority. Many of our volunteers and dedicated supporters are healthcare providers who are working tirelessly to plan, prepare for and ultimately lessen the potential impact that the COVID-19 virus could have on our community. We are so grateful for their dedication and service and we wish to support them in every possible way.
We would like to thank the incredible volunteer team leaders who have given so much time and energy toward planning amazing and successful trips, as well as the sponsors and donors who have generously given their support. Both trips will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
We appreciate your support and grace as we adapt our plans. We will keep the website updated as the situation changes.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions.